Yessiree, the Secret squirrel is back with a report from the Indian River Taxpayer's luncheon on Wednesday, where Mr. Jeff Susi was the guest speaker. Here's what we've learned:
1. Jeff Susi is not evil in the same way as Darth-Vader-Dick-Cheney evil, he's just not well liked by some.
2. Jeff Susi is actually a well spoken man who seems to know his stuff, never failing to have an answer to any of the questions that came his way and was quick to correct the record that he makes $410,000 and not the $389,000 reported in the PJ. And he didn't flinch, not once.
3. The question about his salary was asked by former County Commission Candidate Miss Bea Gardner, who still keeps up with county business and gets in your face regardless of losing the election. You go Bea!
4. Speaking of the County Commissioners, uh, where were they? Sure saw those guys a whole lot before election time but now? Seriously, if the CEO from the hospital could make time for lunch, how hard could it be to get some newly elected officials to show. Bob, Wesley, Gary?
5. Other no shows include anyone who seems to be posting serious stuff against the hospital and it's administration. If half the people who post the negative comments on the TCPalm showed up, they could have filled the 40 or so empty seats. As it was, we counted only 38 people in attendance - and that's including Mr. Susi and his entourage.
6. Kenric Ward was there representing.
7. Mr. Charlie Wilson is indeed a straight and single man who is need of a stylist. Please Charlie, get a girlfriend or a gay friend soon. Or just let Miss Vero come over and give you some fashion tips.
8. The most fabulous hat ever to be seen in Vero beach was in attendance. Yes, that's right. A hat.
9. Never give a squirrel coffee.